The Myrtle Sisters: Lost in Time - Streaming Show Friday May 21 2021 at 6:00 PM PDT
Friday May 21 2021 at 6:00 PM PDT
The Myrtle Sisters: Lost in Time
Followed by Bonus Performance by the students of the JL Crowe Clowning Workshop
The Streaming/ On Demand performance premieres on Friday May 21st at 6 pm. The show can be viewed and tickets can be purchased anytime between the premiere date and 9 pm on Saturday May 29th with Pick Your Price ticketing!
60 minute Family Show - suitable for ages 4-12 years
Due to provincial health restrictions, we are unable to present this show with an in-person audience. Ticket holders to the original in-person show have been emailed information about getting a refund or converting to a virtual ticket.
Pick Your Price Ticketing! Choose to pay anywhere between $0 - $50 for your virtual ticket. Only one ticket is needed per screen. Everyone in your household can watch the show on one virtual ticket! Our pricing recommendation is $10/person.
The Myrtle Sisters have just arrived from 1919 via a time machine! Traveling about, collecting, learning, and sharing historical songs and dance hits from the 20’s, 30s and 40s when something went wrong! Can the time machine be fixed? Since they’ve never been this far in the future, the sisters decide to perform their numbers and collect their data. In an artistic exchange with the audience of the millennium they trade dance crazes such as the Charleston and the Shim-sham for ones from the current times.
In a story of independence and togetherness, the sisters learn that they don’t always have to agree, but that they are stronger when they support each other. Will the Myrtle Sister’s ever learn to get along? Can the audience help them harmonize once again and get back to 1919?
The Myrtle Sisters have been singing, dancing, and clowning together for over 10 years! They are a collaboration of professional and award-winning East Vancouver inter-arts performers presenting high caliber theatre, comedy, dance and music. They are passionate about the fusion of “clown” with dance and music and are and are always looking for new and fun filled ways to share and engage with an audience. A Myrtle Sisters’ tour is their secret way of discovering and recruiting new family band members! Everyone can be a part of the Myrtle Family! The Myrtle Sisters are : Kat Single-Dain, Candice Roberts, and Nayana Filekov.
This performance will be followed by a 10 minute bonus performance by students from the JL Crowe Clowning workshop led by the Myrtle Sisters!
Tickets may be purchased online 24/7 or by calling the Box Office at 250-368-9669 from Monday to Friday 12-4 pm.
How to Access the Streaming Show:
1. Go to the Bailey Theatre’s ticketing website thebailey.ca
2. Click on ‘log in’ located in the upper right corner of the page
3. Log in by entering your user name and password. Your user name is your email address. If you don’t remember your password or have never set up a password, click thet password reset button. You will receive a password reset email from our system that will allow you to reset your password. This can take up to 30 minutes. You can also call us at the box office and we will send you a password reset email.
4. Click on the ‘Tickets for Upcoming Performances” box under the My Patron Services column. A new page will open with a list of your shows.
5. Find the Myrtle Sisters Streaming show and click on the WATCH button. 6. This wll take you to a black ‘screen’ . If the show hasn’t started, you will see a white stripe in the middle of the screen and a (very hard to see)‘starting soon’ message. If it is after 6 pm on May 21st, just press play and you’ll see a short Bailey Theatre slide show. The Myrtle Sisters - Lost in Time will start immediately after the slide show.
8. Grab your popcorn and enjoy the show!
Our 6 Beats Apart Series is sponsored by Kootenay Savings Credit Union, Century 21, McEwan Law, Trail Beer Refinery and Teck Metals Ltd. Our programming is made possible thanks to funding from the Government of British Columbia, BC Arts Council, BC Touring Council, Canadian Heritage, and the Vancouver Foundation.
The Bailey Theatre
1501 Cedar Avenue
Trail BC V1R 4C7
This is a general admission performance - the seats are on a first come, first serve basis when you arrive at the theatre.
Doors open 1/2 hour prior to start of performance.